Kurracaburn Heights is managed by owners Bruce and Michelle Hargreaves in the original building which housed the Korong Bush Nursing Hospital for more than 50 years.
Bruce, in particular, has a deep connection with the property – he was born at the hospital and returned later as an apprentice builder with his father to work on various development projects.
The original hospital building was basically four rooms, built in 1938, but gradually expanded with extensions at the northern end, a new surgery/delivery wing in 1964 and new kitchen and nurses’ room in the 1980s.
The hospital closed in 1990, but the building was used by various tenants in ensuing years, including a doctor, hairdresser, vet and masseur.
In 2007, the Hargreaves family began the conversion of half the building to provide double and twin-share accommodation, offering rooms with shared facilities.
Bruce and Michelle Hargreaves